When you join the Hudson Grocery Cooperative, you are purchasing an ownership share in our business. By joining you are helping raise capital for the co-op and are demonstrating your willingness to support the store. Also, as an owner, you will be able to influence the direction the co-op takes in the future by asking questions, making suggestions, serving on committees or the Board of Directors, and spreading the word of this project.
Benefits of Ownership:
- You are supporting a grocery business that supports local farmers and independent food producers.
- You help maintain the vitality of the Hudson community by supporting a practical location for residents, workers, and visitors to purchase grocery staples.
- Each ownership receives a voice in the co-op’s decisions.
- Co-op owners have the opportunity to run for election to the Board of Directors, and to sit on volunteer committees.
- You will be eligible for owner specials, such as discount days.
- Ownership allows you to participate in future co-op patronage dividend program.
Ownership is a one-time purchase of stock in the business.
Ownership in the Hudson Grocery Cooperative is $80.
Each owner will be awarded one share common stock (at $20). Owning this share of common stock allows you to vote on all business matters open to vote by the ownership, including elections of future board members. Additionally, owners are assigned three shares of preferred stock (at $20 each). These preferred stock shares have the potential of paying dividend returns in years the store generates a profit.
Please consider including an extra $3.40 to help cover the PayPal fees incurred by your online purchase. Thank you!
$83.40 to Purchase – $80 Ownership purchase plus $3.40 to cover the PayPal fees
$80.00 to Purchase – the Co-op will incur the PayPal fees